The International Holography Fund regrets to announce that it closed its operations on 11th March 2009.
During our two years of existence we have been proud to fund a wide range of projects and support some pioneering groups and activities.
- Two artist-in-residence programs in the USA and Korea.
- One artist-out-of-residence project in Canada.
- Audio recordings and archiving of interviews with pioneers in creative holography.
- A major conference on holography in museums, held in the UK.
- Video recording and archiving of the 7th International Symposium on Display Holography.
- Distribution of the symposium proceedings to museum and gallery libraries.
- Preparation and research in connection with a new book on display holography.
- Two holography exhibitions which, between them, toured to Australia, Germany, USA, Iceland and 4 venues in the UK.
- Help towards purchasing three holographic artworks for archiving and display in major museums in America, Canada and Germany.
- Preparation and presentation of holography workshops for university digital art students in the USA.
- Support for a large number of artists, allowing them to attend the International Symposium on Display Holography in China this year.
We would like to thank the private and institutional funders who have made the IHF possible for the past two years, to all the people who have submitted applications to us - it has been a pleasure to work with you - and to members of the holography community who have advised us and supported our work.
It has been a privilege to be part of this and to work with such dedicated and inspirational people.
The International Holography Fund.